What a great group we have this season! It was great to see old friends and make new ones as we prepare our rows for the Spring 2014 garden.
Just a brief recap:
- As an organic farm, no pesticides are used. If you have questions on whether it is safe, bring a photo of the product before you purchase it with legible contents and we will advise.
- Bring your own tools if you prefer, we have some but they may all be in use at a critical time.
- We provide water for your plantings, but ask that you don’t plant anything over 3 feet to allow the sprinkler system to get to all of the rows adequately.
- Unload your vehicle when you arrive on Saturdays and move your car to the parking areas as we prepare for the Farm Market.
- Let us know if you need strawberry plants
- Plant more variety and use your whole row.
- Remember to plant in succession to assure that you have a continuous crop of things you consider staples. Your Vegetable_Planting_Guide-Central_Florida will help with planning.
- If you notice any of the following in your garden let your mentor know:
- animal tracks
- tunnels and mounds that weren’t there before
- large insect groups
- Most of all have fun! Remember what this picture looks like now. In a few weeks, you will begin to see a big difference!