Mel Ziegler, an Advocare Nutritional Advisor, a guest contributor has a new recipe for collard greens that is sure to entice even your biggest skeptics.
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (either homemade or additive-free)
- 1 large bunch collards (de-stemmed and chopped)
- 3-4 shallots sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2-1 Tsp turmeric
- Sea Salt, Pepper to taste
- Prep coconut milk in advance if necessary. Cut collards away from stems. Peel and slice shallots (green onions work, too).
- Melt coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add shallots and saute 3 minutes.
- Add collards, sprinkle generously with salt, cover skillet, and cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove cover, add coconut milk and turmeric, stir to blend, and cook uncovered 5 more minutes.
- Tutti a tavola a mangiare! (Everyone at the table!)