From the website: www.WholesomeYum.com Natural, gluten-free, low carb recipes
These gluten-free, low carb baked zucchini fries have a crispy Parmesan coating. They’re healthy and so easy to make using only five ingredients!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Serving size: 8 baked zucchini fries, about 4″ long each
Author: Maya Krampf
- 2 medium Zucchini
- 3/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line and lightly grease a baking sheet. (Parchment paper works best, but foil might be okay if you grease it very well.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise 4 times (to make eight long sticks from each squash). Then cut the sticks once crosswise, making 16 sticks from each squash, approximately 4 inches long and 1/2 inch thick.
- Prepare two shallow bowls – one with eggs and one with a mixture of grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and black pepper. Dip each squash stick in the egg, shake off the excess, then press into the parmesan mixture, coating all sides. (Use one hand for the egg and the other for the parmesan, to avoid getting too much egg in the parmesan which will make it clumpy.) Place on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without touching.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, flipping the fries and rotating the pan halfway through, until golden and crispy.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories: 213 | Fat: 15 g. | Net Carbs: 3 g. | Fiber: 1 g. | Sugar: 2 g. | Protein: 21 g.